Thursday, February 17, 2011

One Reason I Don't Blog

One Reason I Don't Blog:
I'm too busy doing more important things like making this Spiced Chocolate Torte Wrapped in Chocolate Ribbons (from Bon Appetit's December 2010 issue).

*I knew it wouldn't turn out like the picture.
*I was still pleased with how it turned out.

Hours spent in construction: approximately 7 (over 4 days)
Money spent: not sure but it's pricey (2 lbs butter, 2 lbs chocolate, etc)
Calories per piece: You don't want to know. Guess your highest guess, add half of that and the total might be in the ballpark or still may not even be close.

I used my mother-in-law's birthday as the excuse to make it. She thought it was absolutely fantastic, beautiful, and delicious, which made it all worth it.

The crazy part is: now that I've made it and know a few secrets to the whole making-process (there are four {five}: cake, cream, glaze, ribbons, {assembly}) I think I'll probably make it again to see if I can do it better. ;-)

Yep. Why I don't blog (much, anyway).


My birthday and my mother-in-laws birthdays are only 4 days apart, so we celebrate them together. My sister-in-law made this coconut cream pie because she knows I love ccp. It was delish.

The inside. Not as pretty as I had hoped, but quite tasty.

How the cake is supposed to look.

1 comment:

Maria Reidhead said...

WOW Mari! That's BEAUTIFUL!!! You are very ambitious to even try making something like that, and I think yours is just beautiful inside and out! I'll bet it was delicious, too. Such a darling picture of the 3 of you gals...